A 90 Day Fiance Recipe: Annie’s Red Curry
Learn how to make Annie's Thai curry!
Annie and David's 90 Day Fiance love story began in Annie's home country of Thailand--hear her share childhood memories. She has always been passionate about cooking and sharing her food with others, and has a recipe she thinks everyone will love!
Annie's Red Curry
Cooking Thai food is one of the most sought after cuisines, especially over the past 20 years. The first step in the process of making Thai dishes is to go to an Asian market, if available, to find the freshest ingredients possible. The different flavors in Thai cuisine make it recognizable anywhere in the world.
You will need:
- Red curry (sold in boxes)
- Protein of your choice 1 Lb. or 1/2 Kg. (beef, chicken, or pork)
- Coconut milk (1 can) 400 Ml.
- Thai eggplant (1 lb. or 1/2 Kg.)
- Thai basil (1 bunch)
- Fish sauce (1 bottle)
- Palm sugar (1 box)
- 10 Thai chilies
- (5-10) Lemon Leaves
Then it's time to prepare and cook. Today, I will cook with beef, and I like it spicy! So I will use extra Thai chilies and red curry.
- Cut the beef (or protein of your choice) into small cubes.
- Marinate beef with a little coconut milk (100ml) for 10 minutes
- Cut eggplant into 1/4 pieces
- Wash Thai basil and remove leaves from stem.
- Wash Thai chilies and cut inLto an oblique angle
- Heat large wok (medium heat)
- Add coconut milk (200 ML) leave for 3 minutes to heat
- Add red curry (4 to 5 tablespoons) mix with coconut milk
- Add beef
- Add palm sugar (3-4 tablespoons)
- Add fish sauce (2-3 tablespoons)
- Leave for 5 to 6 minutes
- Add eggplant and then stir
- Leave for 7 to 10 minutes
- Taste and adjust to liking
- Turn off heat
- Add Thai chilies, lemon leaves and basil. Serve with White Jasmine (Thai Rice)