7 of Prince George’s Cutest Only Child Moments
See Prince George's most adorable photos. Though 2-year-old Prince George is expecting a sibling soon, we collected the best photos of him as an only child
She's here! Early this morning, the Kensington Palace twitter handle made the announcement we've all been waiting for.
After Prince William and Princess Kate get some much-needed time with their new addition to the family, there will be much celebration, including a gun salute in one of the London parks, and then the couple will most likely visit nearby Kensington Palace, where the little princess will get to meet her great-grandma Queen Elizabeth. At 8 pounds, 3 ounces, the yet-to-be named girl is the fourth in line to the throne after Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George.
So before Will and Kate officially introduce us to the royal princess, here's a look back at some of George's best only-child moments.
1. When he gave a royal wave at, like, 3 days old: Greeting the public for the first time on the steps of the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's--the same hospital where Kate will deliver his sibling --the day-old prince gave a very tiny, very royal wave.
2. When he wore a dress like the confident prince he is: In October 2013, the family had Prince George christened in a small ceremony. He wore a replica of a lace gown commissioned by Queen Victoria (the original was worn by 62 other royal babies christened between 1841 and 2004) and an expression of restrained distaste.
3. When he gave his mom ALL the snuggles. In April 2014, Will and Kate brought George on their tour of Australia and New Zealand, where he had his first official royal function: a playdate with ten other babies. And then he gave Kate the world's sweetest snuggle.
4. When he was like "This stuffed animal is NO good." George also joined his parents for the opening of the Prince George Bilby exhibit at the Taronga Zoo in Australia, where he was presented with a stuffed version of the animal that he promptly tossed aside.
5. When he was all like "Mom, can we go home?": By day 19 of the Australia/New Zealand tour, George started to look like he'd had enough of traveling.
6. When he walked like a BOSS. The royals released photos from a family trip to the butterfly exhibit at London's Natural History Museum to celebrate the prince's first birthday in July 2014--including this shot of George on the go.
7. When he looked like a perfect freakin' angel. The most recent photos of George are his 2014 Christmas portraits, taken at Kensington Palace last November, with the prince sporting a sweater vest that immediately sold out (just like everything else he wears).