The Snowden Detox Diet
Get all the details about Vanessa's alkaline diet from Seeking Sister Wife!
The Snowden family from Seeking Sister Wife have been looking to add a second wife to their family for a long time, and they think they may have found the perfect match in Vanessa!
But before they can take their relationship to the next level, the Snowdens ask Vanessa to go on a 21-day detox alkaline diet before becoming intimate with Ashley’s husband Dimitri.
Or, as Vanessa jokes on Seeking Sister Wife, "I've done a lot of crazy diets in my life...I've never done one just to get some D!"
But by the end of the diet, Vanessa admitted she felt great and was looking great too! Check out her before and after photo below.
Here’s the vegan alkaline diet Vanessa followed during her detox. The rules are simple: anything on the list is okay to eat—if it’s not on the list, you can’t have it!
- Wild Arugula
- Bell Peppers
- Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- Lettuce (all, except Iceberg)
- Mushrooms (all, except Shitake)
- Olives (and olive oil)
- Sea Vegetables (wakame/dulse/arame/hijiki/nori)
- Tomato – cherry and plum only
- (No canned fruits or Seedless fruits)
- Bananas – the smallest one or the Burro/mid-size (original banana)
- Berries – all varieties- Elderberries in any form – no cranberries
- Grapes -seeded
- Limes (key limes preferred with seeds)
- Melons -seeded
- Orange (Seville or sour preferred, difficult to find )
- Raisins -seeded
- Soft Jelly Coconuts (and coconut oil)
Nuts & Seeds
- Brazil Nuts
- Hemp Seed
- Raw Sesame Seeds
- Raw Sesame “Tahini” Butter
- Olive Oil (don’t cook)
- Coconut Oil (don’t cook)
- Grapeseed Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Hempseed Oil
- Avocado Oil
Spices and Seasonings
- Bay leaf
- Onion Powder
- Powdered Granulated Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori)
- Pure Sea Salt
- Sweet Basil
- 100% Pure Agave Syrup
- Date “Sugar
- Wild Rice
All Natural Herbs
- Red Raspberry