90 Day Fiance Bares All VIP Premiere Party Sweepstakes Rules
The following promotion is intended for the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years or older.
90 DAY BARES ALL VIP PREMIERE PARTY SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- How to Enter: The 90 Day Bares All VIP Premiere Party Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 27, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on January 1, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Promotion via Instagram by: (i) following @90dayfiance and @discoveryplus; and (ii) liking the post that advertises this Promotion and commenting on the post with the following hashtags: “#90DayFiance”, “#Sweepstakes” and “#DiscoveryPlus”.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person, per day, during the Promotion Period. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry per day will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Instagram Accounts, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
- Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older and legal age of majority in applicable jurisdiction as of the Promotion start date. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
- Limitations of Liability: Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”) and other participating entities (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website or Instagram; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Promotion Entities. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, Instagram, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind Promotion or due to any injuries, damages resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- How Winner will be Determined: Twenty-five (25) Prize Winners (each a “Prize Winner”) will be determined from the eligible entries submitted during the Promotion Period. Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about January 2, 2021. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Prize Winners, these Official Rules, and all other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding. A prospective winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within twenty-four (24) hours of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective winner within twenty-four (24) hours from first notification attempt, if the prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, if the potential prize winner does not pass Sponsor’s background check (in its sole discretion), or if the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and no alternate prospective winner will be selected. Potential Prize Winner must have access to a computer and internet in order to redeem the Prize. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Any Prizes that are not redeemed by the prospective winners initially drawn by Sponsor will go unawarded. If a Prize Winner is unable to participate in the virtual VIP event (additional details below) on the date and time selected by Sponsor, Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize and no alternate prize winner will be selected.
- Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Prize: Each Prize Winner will win the following (the “Prize”): the opportunity to attend an online VIP screening of the first episode of TLC’s Bares All (the “Virtual Screening”). The Prize has no retail value. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Prize in the Promotion, including the timing of the Virtual Screening and the platform used to attend the Virtual Screening shall be solely determined by Sponsor. If Prize Winner is unable to participate in the Virtual Screening on the date and time selected by Sponsor, Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on Prize are the Prize Winner’s responsibility.
Sponsor reserves the right to remove anyone from the Virtual Screening if they are inappropriate in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Prize Winners may not share the Virtual Screening hyperlink with any other person, nor may they video tape, screen grab, or in any other way capture content shared at this event.
Prize cannot be transferred or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
- Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Montgomery County, Maryland, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Maryland. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- Winners List: Beginning on or about February 1, 2021, you may obtain the names of the Prize Winners by going to the Website.
- Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, 8403 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
Short Form Rules
Short Form TV Rules
The scan line size is 22 and the length of time is 3 seconds for the first line across the screen and one second for each additional line. So a 2 line super would be on for 4 seconds.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 or older and legal age of majority in applicable jurisdiction. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Sweepstakes ends at 11:59 p.m. p.m. on January 1, 2021. For full official rules and to enter, visit www.tlcme.com/giveaways/90-day-fiance-bares-all-vip-premiere-party-sweepstakes-rules. Sponsored by Discovery Communications, LLC.
Note: If the television spot runs before the start of the sweepstakes, the words “starts at 2:00 p.m. on December 27, 2020 and” must be inserted between “Sweepstakes” and “ends”.
Short Form Print Rules
These rules should be in a font size 10 or above – they must be easily legible.
No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 or older and legal age of majority in applicable jurisdiction. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Sweepstakes ends at 11:59 p.m. p.m. on January 1, 2021. For full official rules, prize disclosures, and to enter, visit www.tlcme.com/giveaways/90-day-fiance-bares-all-vip-premiere-party-sweepstakes-rules. Sponsored by Discovery Communications, LLC, 8403 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.
Note: If the print ad runs before the start of the sweepstakes, the words “starts at 2:00 p.m. on December 27, 2020 and” must be inserted between “Sweepstakes” and “ends”.
Short Form Online Ads – Banner and Facebook
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 1/1/21. To enter and for complete details, visit www.tlcme.com/giveaways/90-day-fiance-bares-all-vip-premiere-party-sweepstakes-rules.
Short Form Online Ads – Non-Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years or older and legal age of majority in applicable jurisdiction. Ends 1/1/21. To enter and for complete details and odds, visit www.tlcme.com/giveaways/90-day-fiance-bares-all-vip-premiere-party-sweepstakes-rules.
Twitter and Instagram
Twitter and Instagram mentions must include a link. The link must link to a page that either (i) has the full official rules, or (ii) has the short form print rules set forth above, plus a link to the full official rules.