What Not To Wear in Vegas Sweepstakes Rules
“WHAT NOT TO WEAR IN VEGAS” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("CONTINENTAL U.S."), AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “What Not to Wear in Vegas” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the continental U.S. who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), General Growth Services, Inc. (“Prize Provider”), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Promotion Administrator”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 13, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on October 11, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, visit www.tlc.com/tv-shows/what-not-to-wear/games-and-more/what-not-to-wear-in-vegas-sweeps.htm and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM ET on October 11, 2013. Note that by entering this Sweepstakes, you are agreeing to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator. Limit one entry per person/email address per day.
3. RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about October 14, 2013, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize: A travel package to enjoy Grand Canal Shoppes in Las Vegas, Nevada, valued at approximately $10,000. The travel package consists of the following:
• Hotel accommodations includes for 4 days/3 nights for winner and three (3) guests at The Venetian | The Palazzo in Las Vegas;
• Round-trip airfare (coach class) from a Gateway City, as listed-below, to Las Vegas McCarran Airport for winner and three (3) guests. Gateway Cities: Atlanta, Baltimore, Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, New Orleans, Miami, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Portland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Tampa, Washington D.C.;
• $2,000 shopping spree at Grand Canal Shoppes (to be awarded as a gift card);
• Canyon Ranch SpaClub® package for winner and three (3) guests that includes four (4) 50-minute Canyon Ranch Massages;
• A complimentary make-up application at Guerlain for the winner and an invitation to his/her three (3) guests for a complimentary make-up application at the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian|The Palazzo location;
• Dinner for four (4) at Buddy V’s, to be awarded as a $250 Buddy V’s Italian Restaurant gift card;
• four (4) passes for LAVO Nightclub (winner will receive four VIP ticket and line passes);
• Four (4) tickets to Rock of Ages, performing at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas;
• A gondola ride for four (4) at the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian|The Palazzo in Las Vegas.
For best availability, it is suggested that the winner make booking requests at least 30 days in advance for all aspects of the travel package. Booking request must be made at least 10 days prior to desired check-in date. Certificates for hotel and SpaClub package are valid October 1, 2013 through April 18, 2014 and may not be valid during certain black-out dates or conventions. Proper proof of identification is required. Winner and guests must be 21 years of age or older. Offer is subject to availability. Certificates are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable and may not be used in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or offer or redeemed for cash.
All tickets, vouchers, and trips must be used by April 18, 2014 or that portion of the prize will be forfeited. All gift cards and services are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer or service provider, including service fees. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply to all portions of the described prize. Restrictions apply including expiration dates and blackout dates for hotel stay and travel. Winner is responsible for any costs/expenses not specifically listed above including, but not limited to, taxes, meals, drinks, insurance, airport transfers not stated, car rentals, taxi, health expenses, gratuity, baggage fees, communication charges, and all personal expenses and incidentals. The Sponsor or its Prize Provider determines the exact hotel, hotel room and air travel, this determination is based on availability and is not negotiable. Once booking is finalized, no deviations will be allowed for any portion of the prize. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold or transferred and is not convertible to cash. Sponsor or its agents reserve the right to require additional documentation from winner and guests. Additional prize restrictions and terms may be imposed by prize providers. The Sponsor and/or Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Grand Prize is unavailable. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. All travelers must possess required travel documents. Grand Prize Winner’s guests, if any, must be 21 or older and travel on the same itinerary as winner. The Sponsor, or its agent, shall determine hotel and travel accommodations; this determination is based on availability and is not negotiable. The actual retail value of the Grand Prize may depend on Winner’s point of departure/return, dates of travel, winner will not receive compensation for any difference between actual value and stated value. Other restrictions may apply. The prize consists only of those items specifically listed. All prizes are awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prize is not transferable. Travelers are responsible for any travel insurance.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On October 14, 2013, between 1:00 PM ET and 4:00 PM ET, the potential winner will be notified by telephone at the telephone number provided in the entry submission. Potential winner must be reached by phone when called, and verbally confirm acceptance of the prize. If the selected winner cannot be reached when telephone notification is attempted, or does not verbally confirm at that time his/her acceptance of the prize, he/she forfeits prize and an alternate winner will be chosen and contacted. The winner’s name may be announced on air during the premiere of "What Not to Wear Vegas” on TLC on October 18, 2013.
The potential winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Winner’s guest, who must be 21 years of age or older, must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
5. GENERAL: Expenses not specified and any and all tax liability, whether local, state or federal, are winner’s responsibility. By participating, entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Prize Provider Release: General Growth Services, Inc. (“GGSI”) is solely a prize provider and is not a sponsor or involved in any way with the administration of this Sweepstakes, the selection of winners, or the awarding of prizes. Winners agrees to release GGSI, their subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates, and the officers, directors and employees of each (the “Released Entities”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize hereunder, including without limitation claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Verified winners acknowledges that the Prize Provider have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise TLC® or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of www.tlc.com/tv-shows/what-not-to-wear/games-and-more/what-not-to-wear-in-vegas-sweeps.htm. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive the winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 30, 2013, to: :”What Not to Wear in Vegas” Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.