About Undercover Princes and Undercover Princesses
TLC's Undercover Princes and Undercover Princesses explore what it's like to have everything in the world except true love. The series follow royalty on the pursuit of love, as three single princes and princesses from around the world go undercover as locals in the UK in hope of finding true love. To meet people, they'll exhaust all options: hitting the bars and clubs, signing up for Internet dating sites, and speed dating.
During their quest for true love, the princesses will share a house in Essex, an area known for its party scene. Meanwhile, the princes will live together in a townhouse in Brighton, an area steeped in royal heritage with a higher-than-average number of singles.
The princes and princesses will ditch their fleets of servants and be forced to cook, clean, and shop for themselves. To maximize their chances of finding dates, the royals will also be working everyday jobs including cleaning hotels, waiting tables, and bartending.
The Undercover Princes:
- Prince Manvendra of Rajpipla, 46: Prince Mavendra comes from one of India's richest royal families; he shocked the world when he became the first Indian royal to come out as gay.
- Prince Africa Zulu of Onkweni Royal House, 33: Prince Africa Zulu is from South Africa, where he grew up in a traditional and conservative family.
- Prince Remigius of Jaffna, 47: Prince Remigius is from Sri Lanka; he was raised with strict protocol in search of a queen to continue the royal line.
The Undercover Princesses:
- Princess Xenia of Saxony, 22; Princess Xenia is from Germany; she's a well-known celebrity whose sexy image is constantly in the press.
- Princess Aaliya of Balasinor, 35; Princess Aaliya is from India; she comes from a family of arranged marriages and has never dated or had a boyfriend.
- Princess Sheillah of Buganda: Princess Sheillah is from Buganda Kingdom, the largest and most powerful kingdom in Uganda; she's a pop star and one of the most famous women in her country.