Take Home Chef, Episode 55: Adrianna's Menu
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pound/1.4 kg veal sirloin tip roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large sprig fresh sage
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup/225 ml dry white wine
- Patatas Bravas (see separate recipe)
- Heat the oil in a deep heavy casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Sprinkle veal with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add veal to the pot and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, sage, thyme, bay leaves and whole peppercorns. Continue turning the veal until the garlic, sage, thyme and bay leaves are golden brown, stirring to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add white wine and bring to a simmer. Decrease the heat to medium-low so that the cooking liquid simmers very gently. Cover and simmer gently for 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the veal registers 140?F/60?C.
- Remove the veal from the pot and let it rest in a warm place for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, simmer the pan juices for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Thinly slice the veal and arrange the slices on plates. Spoon the pan juices over the veal and serve with the Patatas Bravas.