Take Home Chef, Episode 7: Megan's Menu
TO MAKE THE LOBSTER:
- 1 small carrot (pealed and roughly chopped)
- 1 stick of celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 small leek (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 lb (1/2 per person) lobsters
- TO MAKE THE BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 bunch of chives (finely diced)
- 2 lemons (zest only)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 175 c / 350 f degrees. Mix the butter, chives, lemon zest and parsley together with a paddle attachment or hands and put aside.
- In a large heavy based pan place the carrot, celery, onion and leek in water and bring to a very low simmer, turn heat off. Add the lobsters one at a time and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the lobsters from the water and allow to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Remove the claws from the lobster and using kitchen scissors remove from claw meat and reserve. Using a large knife split the lobster in half length ways. Remove the meat from the tails and cut into smaller pieces. Rinse the lobsters' cavities under running water.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the butter into each lobster shell. Place the lobster meat (tail and claw) on top of the butter and place another table spoon on top. Place in oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Serve with sliced lemon and enjoy.