- 10 cups rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 pound coconut
- 2 cup raw sunflower seeds, shelled (optional)
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 3 cup almonds, pecans, walnuts or combo (optional)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In saucepan combine sugar, water, oil, honey, molasses, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Heat and stir until dissolved. Do not boil.
3. Mix all dry ingredients except raisins in large bowl.
4. Pour syrup over dry ingredients. Stir well - make sure all dry ingredients are coated.
5. Spread on 2 large baking sheets. Bake 20-30 min in preheated oven until granola is as dry as you want it to be. Stir occasionally. Stir in raisins.