Meet Erika Huerta
A first generation Cuban-American, Erika Huerta is driven to succeed at everything she sets her sights on. She currently patrols one of the most dangerous beats in Broward and sees drugs, prostitution and assaults on a daily basis. Formerly overweight, Erika has lost 70 pounds and is now a fitness model in her spare time. In college she majored in Criminal Psychology and she is currently attending school to earn her Masters in Criminal Justice. Erika is dating Milo, her boyfriend of six months.
Favorite movie: Pretty Woman
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite food: I love Asian food such as Sushi.
Favorite dessert: Apple pie
Go-to drink: My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is Arizona Iced Tea (low carb); favorite alcoholic drink is red wine.
Favorite television show: I don't watch much television, but I find myself watching Family Guy a lot.
Favorite recording artist: Madonna
Top 2 songs that will make me dance: "I Don’t Want to Lose Your Love Tonight" by The Outfield and "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
Favorite sport: Running. I’m an avid runner and I am now doing triathlons
High school activities: I played volleyball for a couple of years and I was in the Junior Reserves Officer's Training Corp. I was part of the drill team and competed against other schools. I graduated with Cum Laude honors.
My pet: I have a greyhound named Teeoh. I rescued him after he retired from racing. He's three years old and weighs 80lbs.
Favorite places to travel: I love anything exotic and tropical. The less clothes required, the better! (I’m not fond of the cold).
Favorite holiday to celebrate: I love Christmas. In the Hispanic culture however, we celebrate Christmas Eve with roasted pork, rice, beans, and plantains.
More interesting facts about me:
- I love to travel and meet different people. I think that every encounter has something to offer!
- I am absolutely petrified of heights, so I want to go skydiving.
- I am part of an all girl cycling team. We are called the RoseBandits.
- I had never jumped a fence until I became a cop.
- When training for a marathon I average about 50 miles per week of running. When training for a triathlon I average about 20 miles of running per week, about 100-120 miles of biking, and about 2 to 3 miles of swimming.
- I graduated from the University of Florida and I am a proud Gator!
- I don't eat liver. It's gross.
- I am extremely petrified of cockroaches.