Health Issues

My Strange Addiction Submissions

posted: 03/23/11
Read more Read less
My Strange Addiction

Are you addicted to something - common or not - that you try to hide? Do you have a behavior that your friends or family think is odd? Submit a photo that represents your secret and share your story on our My Strange Addiction photo blog! All postings will be anonymous, so you can tell us the truth and share your secret with others who may have similar addictions.

To submit your story: Scan a photo that represents your addiction or behavior and email it to Be sure to briefly tell us the story behind your photo. Photos should be in one of three image formats: BMP, JPEG or GIF. The image should be at least 400 x 400 pixels in size or 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". And if possible, please set the image at 72 dpi. When attaching photos to your email message, please name the file with an extension that indicates the image type - for example, ricks-tattoo.bmp, skull.jpg and janes-tattoo.gif.

We will post submitted photos on our new photo blog. How often will we post new photos? We'll base our schedule on the number of photographs we receive. Please keep in mind that we will not be able to post every photo.

We look forward to receiving photographs from you. By making your submission, you represent that you have all rights in and to the photographs and that you have read and agreed to the terms of our Visitor Agreement. Please remember that we may post your submission on our Web site, and a fee will not be paid. All photographs and comments submitted by you may be used by DCL in any manner as set forth in the Visitor Agreement.

Note from Submissions to this blog will not be responded to or submitted to a professional. If you are struggling with addiction, please consult a professional for help.

The links below are provided solely for our viewers' information. Discovery Communications does not endorse or control any treatment facility, and is not responsible for any advice, treatment, content, services, products or materials provided by or associated with the organizations and agencies whose web sites are linked below.

Anyone considering treatment should consult a healthcare professional in the addiction field and do their own independent research to determine what may be the best help for themselves, their family or for the individual in need of treatment and seek professional advice as appropriate.

Please Note: By clicking on the following link, you will be leaving The Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Facility Locator (1-800-662-HELP) is a national hotline. If it is an emergency, call 911.

More on
Recommended for You