Long Island Medium Tweet to Win - LIVE Official Rules
LONG ISLAND MEDIUM TWEET TO WIN - LIVE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER.
“Twitter” is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Long Island Medium Tweet to Win - Live Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry and have or create a Twitter account through Twitter at https://twitter.com (“Twitter”). It is free to create accounts through Twitter. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive a prize, you must fully comply with these Official Rules, all of Twitter’s terms at https://twitter.com/tos and privacy terms at https://twitter.com/privacy (collectively, “Twitter Terms”), and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Twitter Terms, and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter. Any entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules. If you access Twitter using your mobile phone, data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
2. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes will begin at 8:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 6, 2013 and end at 11:00 PM ET on October 6, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Sweepstakes and will solely determine the time by which a submission is received.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, sign into your Twitter account or, if you are not already a member, become a member of Twitter.com and sign into your Twitter account, and “follow” @TLC on Twitter. During the Sweepstakes Period, Theresa Caputo will request followers to tweet about the season premiere of Long Island Medium. You must include the hashtag #LongIslandMedium in your tweet. Important Notice: If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter via your wireless device, standard text message or data charges may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider plan regarding pricing. You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account and be a follower of the account www.twitter.com/tlc to be eligible for entry. The natural person associated with the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Enter using only a Twitter account registered in your name.
Automated means of entry and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are prohibited and all such entries will be void. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your updates/responses will not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned by Twitter to the Twitter account in question. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Twitter account.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION/ODDS OF WINNING: Theresa Caputo will randomly select at least three (3) winners during the Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible Entries received as of the time of selection. Theresa will announce the Twitter handle of the winners on air during the live segments of the Long Island Medium premiere night broadcast on October 6, 2013 from 9 PM ET to 11:00 PM ET. Potential winners will then be notified on Twitter by Direct Message to their Twitter account. Note that if your Twitter handle is announced on air and you receive a Direct Message to your Twitter account, you are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. Entrants residing in the Mountain and Pacific time zones will not be able to see the live announcement but are eligible to enter during the Sweepstakes Period and if deemed a winner will be notified through Twitter. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of the random drawing.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner will first be notified on Twitter by Direct Message to the potential winner’s Twitter account. To claim a prize, each potential winner will be required to respond by email within forty-eight (48) hours after transmission of the aforementioned message and provide his/her full name, email address, physical mailing address, date of birth, and phone number. Subsequently, each potential winner will receive additional prize claim instructions by mail and/or email and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
Theresa Caputo may, at her sole discretion, offer to do a live reading over the phone for the potential winners. The readings will be recorded and may be broadcast during Long Island Medium on October 6, 2013. The potential winners of the live readings will be notified via Direct Message on Twitter and will have to call the phone number given in the Direct Message within the time period specified in order to claim the live reading portion of the prize. Each potential winner will be required to provide consent on his/her own behalf and that of his/her next of kin to grant Sponsor the right to use and license others to use, in whole or in part, his/her and that of his/her next of kin's name, voice, likeness, image and any biographical material provided or otherwise disclosed during the live reading, including, but not limited to, information revealed that may be of a personal, private, surprising, defamatory, disparaging and/or embarrassing nature, in connection with the broadcast of the Long Island Medium program, in any manner as determined by Sponsor, including in the promotion, advertising, sale, publicizing, exploitation and broadcast of the Long Island Medium television program, and/or in any other episodes thereof and ancillary products (e.g., merchandise) in connection therewith throughout the world in any and all media, an unlimited number of times, in perpetuity. Potential winners will also be required to provide consent to be filmed during live reading and to permit the live and/or recorded broadcast, publication, or other use of said film footage, in whole or in part, by Sponsor, and those acting on its behalf, for advertising or commercial purpose, worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation. Potential winners agree to grant Sponsor the results and proceeds of the film footage (hereunder “Materials”) with the right for the full period of copyright, including all extensions and renewals thereof, and thereafter in perpetuity, throughout the world, to use and re-use all or any part of the Materials for the purpose of making and producing television programs and other works, and advertising, publicizing and exploiting the same, by all means and in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to authorize others to do so. Neither the potential winner nor any other party now or hereafter having an interest in the Materials shall have any right or action against Sponsor or any Promotion Entities or any other party arising out of any use of said Materials. Potential winners further agree that Sponsor may elect, in its sole discretion, to not use the Materials or to use only a portion of the Materials. The requirements of this section are void where prohibited by law.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) a potential winner’s failure to respond to initial notification via Twitter Direct Message within the time period stated in the transmission; (b) the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s Twitter account prior to receipt of notification; (c) a potential winner’s failure to become a follower of @TLC, resulting in the potential winner’s failure to receive a Direct Message from Sponsor; (d) a potential winner’s Twitter account being set to “protected mode” so that the potential winner’s updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox; (e) potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (f) potential winner’s failure to complete and return required documents by the date specified in winner’s notification email/letter; and (g) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
6. PRIZES: At least three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a trip for the winner and one guest to Long Island, NY, for a private reading from Theresa Caputo. The prize consists of round trip coach air travel for two people to New York, NY, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor); one double-occupancy hotel room for 3 days/2 nights; a private reading with Theresa Caputo; ground transportation; and $500 spending money. All other expenses not specified herein are the winner's sole responsibility. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $3,500. Actual value will be determined by winner's residence and seasonal rates. If winner resides within a 100 mile radius of New York City, ground transportation may be provided for winner and guest in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Trip must be taken at a time to be determined by Sponsor and dependent upon the Theresa Caputo’s schedule. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations, for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation will be selected by Sponsor.
Each potential winner and his/her guest will be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sponsor or this Sweepstakes will not reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner’s guest, who must be 18 years of age or older, will be required to complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
7. GENERAL: All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating, entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise TLC® or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
9. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 31, 2013, to: Long Island Medium Tweet to Win - Live Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Twitter name, logo, Twitter T, Tweet, and Twitter blue bird are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Promotions.
Any third party trademarks appearing in these Official Rules are the property of their respective owners and used for descriptive purposes only.