Win a Trip to the Finale Party Sweepstakes Rules
TLC’s “WIN A TRIP TO THE FINALE PARTY” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
(EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC).
1. ELIGIBILITY: TLC’s “Win a Trip to the Finale Party” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Promotion Administrator”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:45 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 9, 2014 and ends at 10:00 PM ET on May 7, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and consists of nine (9) entry periods, as follows:
Week Entry Period begins Entry Period Ends
1 10:45 PM ET on 3/9/14 10:00 PM ET on 3/12/14
2 9:00 PM ET on 3/16/14 10:00 PM ET on 3/19/14
3 9:00 PM ET on 3/23/14 10:00 PM ET on 3/26/14
4 9:00 PM ET on 3/30/14 10:00 PM ET on 4/2/14
5 9:00 PM ET on 4/6/14 10:00 PM ET on 4/9/14
6 9:00 PM ET on 4/13/14 10:00 PM ET on 4/16/14
7 9:00 PM ET on 4/20/14 10:00 PM ET on 4/23/14
8 9:00 PM ET on 4/27/14 10:00 PM ET on 4/30/14
9 9:00 PM ET on 5/4/14 10:00 PM ET on 5/7/14
As part of your Sweepstakes entry, you will be required to answer a multiple-choice question related to that week’s episode of Long Island Medium. Watching Long Island Medium on TLC will give you information that will help you answer the question. Note that there is a limit of one entry per person/email address per entry period. After submitting your answer you will be prompted to complete the online entry form. Eligible entrants will receive a sweepstakes entry whether they answer the question correctly or not.
To enter, visit www.tlc.com/tv-shows/long-island-medium/games-and-more/be-theresas-guest-to-the-finale-party-sweeps.htm and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 10:00 PM ET on last day of entry period. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator.
3. RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about May 8, 2014, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, to award one (1) Grand Prize: a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the Long Island Medium Finale Party on May 18, 2014. The prize consists of round trip coach air travel to New York, NY, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for 3 days/2 nights, airport/hotel transfers, and $500 spending money. Winner must take trip at time to be determined by the Sponsor (May 17 – 19, 2014) or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Approximate retail value $3,500. Actual value will be determined by winner's residence and seasonal rates. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations, for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation will be selected by Sponsor. If winner lives within 100 miles of New York, New York (as determined by Sponsor), Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of airfare at its sole discretion, and any difference in value will not be awarded.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by phone between the hours of 1:00 PM ET and 4:00 PM ET, on May 8, 2014, at the telephone number provided in the entry submission. Potential winner must be reached by phone when called, and verbally confirm his/her eligibility and availability for him/herself and his/her travel companion to travel to New York, NY, May 17-19, 2014. No telephone messages will be left for potential winners, and potential winners will only be telephoned one time for attempted prize notification. Notification attempts not satisfactorily completed within three (3) minutes may be deemed as unsuccessful, and an alternative winner will be selected. If the potential winner is unable to travel to New York, NY on the dates specified, he/she must forfeit prize and an alternate winner will be chosen and contacted. If the selected winner cannot be reached when telephone notification is attempted, is not eligible to win, or does not verbally confirm at that time his/her acceptance of the prize, he/she forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen and contacted.
The potential winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release (or in Canada a Declaration of Compliance) which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail or e-mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Potential Grand Prize winner and his/her guest will be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sponsor or this Sweepstakes will not reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner’s guest, who must be 21 years of age or older, will be required to complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner or winner’s guest must provide hotel with a major credit card issued in one of their names to cover room security and incidental expenses.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
5. PRIZE PUBLICITY: Winner and his/her guest will be required to provide written consent to be filmed during the finale party and to permit the live and/or recorded broadcast, publication, or other use of said film footage, in whole or in part, by Sponsor, and those acting on its behalf, for advertising or commercial purpose, worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation. Winner and his/her guest agree to grant Sponsor the results and proceeds of the film footage (hereunder “Materials”) with the right for the full period of copyright, including all extensions and renewals thereof, and thereafter in perpetuity, throughout the world, to use and re-use all or any part of the Materials for the purpose of making and producing television programs and other works, and advertising, publicizing and exploiting the same, by all means and in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to authorize others to do so. Neither a winner, his/her guest, nor any other party now or hereafter having an interest in the Materials shall have any right or action against Sponsor or any Sweepstakes Entities or any other party arising out of any use of said Materials. Winner and his/her guest further agree that Sponsor may elect, in its sole discretion, to not use the Materials or to use only a portion of the Materials. The requirements of this section are void where prohibited by law.
6. GENERAL: Except where prohibited, all federal, state, provincial, local or other tax liabilities, including but not limited to luxury, sales, use, income, VAT, GST, and PST tax, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In the event of a Canadian winner, Sponsor will deduct any applicable withholding taxes imposed by the U.S. and applicable state governments from value of prize award and the prize award value will be adjusted accordingly. By participating, entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.tlc.com and TLC’s social media sites, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise TLC® or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of /tv-shows/long-island-medium/games-and-more/be-theresas-guest-to-the-finale-party-sweeps.htm. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive Grand Prize winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 30, 2014 to: TLC’s “Win a Trip to the Finale Party” Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 0750 USA. Residents of Canada may omit return postage.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910 USA.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470 USA.
©2014 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.