All About Kat
All About Kat
You just can't get enough of Kat, the Queen of Portraits. Well, today is your lucky day, buddy. We sat down with her and collected all the info that hard-core fans would wanna know.
1. Kat Von D stands for Katherine Von Drachenberg (my father is of German descent).
2. I speak fluent Spanish. It is my first language.
3. I dropped out of school, but I do not want to glorify that at all. I faced many, many downfalls.
4. My favorite tattoo artist is Kore Flatmo, who is based in Cincinnati. He tattooed the eyeball on my hand.
5. I am obsessed with photos of downtown L.A.
6. I have a brother and sister. I am close to both of them, and I have tattooed them both.
7. I have a tattoo portrait of my sister on my left arm.
8. I came to America when I was 4. I was born in Mexico.
9. Both of my parents are Argentinean.
10. The first tattoo I ever did was on a 14-year-old friend. It was of a Misfits skull.
11. In 2005, I got a chance to tattoo the Misfits drummer.
12. I love platform heels from the '70s.
13. I go to the movies all the time.
14. Favorite movies: The Devil's Rejects, Zoolander, anything with Will Ferrell, Immortal Beloved, The Last Unicorn, Spinal Tap and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures.
15. Music is a huge part of my life. It influences my dress, my work ... everything! I like everything from the New York Dolls to Slayer.
16. I love steak.
17. I never wanna have babies.
18. My favorite band is Motley Crue. Seriously. But my favorite songs are by Beethoven.
19. My favorite Motley Crue song is "Starry Eyes"; it's why I have stars on my face.
20. I own three pianos. One is in Dallas and the other two are in Hollywood.
21. I wear hair extensions (my hair is about shoulder length).
22. I love heavy metal, everything from glam to power metal.
23. I'm obsessed with Scandinavia, especially Finland. (I love the bands from there. I tattooed a Finnish band named Him and another named Bam Margera.)
24. I love glitter.
25. I own two sphinx cats (the hairless cats). One is named Hollywood and the other is Lebowski (Holly and Leebo).
26. I own a house in Dallas. I go there about once a month to tattoo.
27. I live in Hollywood, right in the center of everything. I can see the Chinese Theater from my apartment. I love L.A. and can't see myself living anywhere else.
28. I love skateboarding. I skateboard to work all the time.
29. I am obsessed with Beethoven, and I have been playing classical piano since the age of 7. I love that Beethoven was a hopeless romantic, that he left everything he owned to the mysterious immortal beloved.