Environmentally conscious bride Kate, 27, used her eco-sense and $25,000 budget to entertain 150 guests. This is how she planned her dream day -- and incorporated green touches.
- Dress: Alfred Angelo (Model: Belle)
- Flowers: Kar-Fre Flowers, Sycamore, IL
- Entertainment: DJ Chicago
- Colors: Light Blue and Chocolate Brown
- Doughnut Cake: The Neighborhood Bakery
- Videographer: Leap Weddings
- Photographer: Mandy Leonards Photography
- Ceremony Location: Dekalb United Methodist Church, Dekalb, IL
- Reception Venue: Blumen Gardens, Sycamore, IL
- Unique and Original Touches: Kate played up her Recycled Wedding theme by opting for a horse and carriage as her wedding day transportation. In lieu of favors, the couple donated to two no-kill animal shelters, and the favor card was printed on paper with seeds embedded in it so it will grow with water and soil. The table numbers were made of pictures of the couple and trimmed into numerical shapes. Kate's mother made a flower petal aisle runner; the flower girl's petals were dried rose petals from bouquets given to Kate by Ryan over their six-year relationship. To entertain her guests, Kate offered a doughnut cake, late-night tacos, a photo op with Frankenstein and vampire teeth.