SERVES 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the roasted tomatoes:
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno pepper, quartered lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 clove garlic, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the salsa:
- 1/2 of a red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, tough stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the tomatoes and jalapeno in one layer in a small baking dish or on a foil-lined baking sheet. Add garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and stir to coat. Roast for 10 minutes then remove pan and shake. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
Place onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, pepper and a pinch of salt to a food processor. Pulse/process to chop. Add in the roasted vegetables and their juices from the baking dish or sheet pan, and pulse to get a thick salsa. Taste, and season with salt and extra lime juice, if desired. Transfer to a serving bowl.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.