Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock or canned low-sodium-chicken stock
- 1/4 pound ditalini or tubetti pasta
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add chickpeas and tomato to saucepan along with stock. Cook gently for 30 minutes. Then remove about 3 cups worth of soup and set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, blend remaining chickpea mixture until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, use a food processor or blender, and then pour it back into the saucepan. Return the reserved chickpea mixture to the pot and add the pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente, 8 to10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick it may be thinned out with a little boiling water.
- Serve drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with basil and Parmesan.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.