Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Loaf crusty Italian bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for spreading
- Salt & pepper
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- grated parmesan for garnish
- Rub sliced bread on front and back with garlic, then spread with a light layer of olive oil, salt and pepper on each side. Place bread on grill at medium heat and toast each side.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, celery, beans, balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Plate and serve topped with the bean salad and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.