Iceberg Wedges with Gorgonzola
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ½ pound pancetta, or thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges, each with some core attached
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
For the Salad:
- Cook pancetta in large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain the extra fat and set aside.
For the Gorgonzola Dressing:
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add 1/2 cup of Gorgonzola to the bowl and mash with a fork. Add the sour cream and whisk together. Serve or store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
- Arrange iceberg wedges on plates. Spoon dressing over wedges and garnish with pancetta, radishes, cherry tomato halves, and remaining gorgonzola crumbles.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.