Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 pounds ground meatloaf mix (equal parts veal, pork, beef)
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices white bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pounds whole milk mozzarella (not water-packed, Grace recommends Polly-O), grated and divided
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 12 inch baking dish
- In a large bowl: combine the meat, onion, Romano cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Dip slices of bread in water then tear up and mix into meatloaf mixture. Add 2 eggs, and 1 pound of grated mozzarella. Mix with hands to combine very well. Let mixture rest 5 minutes before shaping.
- Form meatloaf mixture into the baking dish. Spread top with tomato sauce and the remaining 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.