SERVES Makes 3 quesadillas, 12 pieces
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 pound fresh chorizo, or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6x8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread oil onto it with a brush.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add onions and saut? for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chorizo and stir to break up into crumbles. Cook for an additional 6 to 8 minutes until chorizo is cooked through and the onions are soft. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place 3 tortillas on prepared baking sheet. Divide 1/3 of the chorizo-onion mixture between each tortilla and top with some grated cheese. Top each with another tortilla and brush with remaining vegetable oil.
- Place quesadillas in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Raise heat to 450 degrees and bake an additional 5 minutes until slightly blistered and browned. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and slice each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped cilantro.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.