Blue Fish With Tomato, Garlic and Onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4-6 ounce bluefish filets, can substitute trout, mackerel, red snapper, or sea bass
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup rinsed capers
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1-28 oz can crushed tomato
- Soak bluefish in milk overnight to draw the oil out of the fish. After properly soaked, rinse fish and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, olives, capers, and tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes, then add the fish in the pan and bury under the other ingredients so the fish makes contact with the pan. Cook until the fish becomes flaky.
- Serve hot.
- Optional serving suggestion: Serve over rice
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.