/

Menu
General

Why Are People Freaking Out Over Prince George’s Birthday Pictures?

posted: 07/25/16
by: Ashley Vazquez
Kensington Palace recently posted a seres of photos to commemorate Prince George's third birthday- and they're seriously adorable.

However, one picture in particular has everyone talking. In it, Prince George appears to be sharing a white chocolate ice cream pop with his dog Lupo.


Both dairy and chocolate can give dogs severe digestive problems. Most veterinarians agree that in small doses, chocolate can cause vomiting and diarrhea. However, it can prove deadly in larger doses- causing dogs to have seizures or internal bleeding.

In addition, most dogs are lactose intolerant, which means feeding a dog ice cream can lead to a serious upset stomach- and again vomiting and diarrhea.

Several animal rights groups are calling out the Duke and Duchess for allowing George to feed Lupo the potentially deadly combination of ice cream and chocolate.

The RSPCA issued a warning to pet owners not to follow in Prince George's footsteps. A spokesman said "Some items, like chocolate, can be highly toxic to dogs and dairy items can be difficult for them to digest."

They asked pet owners to seek out alternative treats to keep dogs cool in the heat- such as pet friendly, all natural ice pops.